On September 27, 2017 Q Corp/HealthInsight presented their Total Cost of Care work in a panel discussion and presentation at the National Affordability Summit hosted by the Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC.
This presentation, called The Oregon Trail to Affordability, outlined the journey these pioneers took to bring together a dynamic group of stakeholders to guide the Total Cost of Care work in Oregon. Since 2014, this group has travelled with Q Corp over peaks and valleys to produce Total Cost of Care reports for clinics, and help guide the move to public reporting, with plenty of snake bites along the way.
The panel included a robust discussion with four of these stakeholders who share their insights on fording the rivers on the journey to Cost Transparency.
- Mylia Christensen, Executive Director, Q Corp/HealthInsight Oregon
- Dr. Amit Shah, Chief Medical Officer, CareOregon
- Dr. Robert Gluckman, Chief Medical Officer, Providence Health Plan
- Katie Dobler, Chief Operating Officer, The Portland Clinic; Executive Director, Portland Coordinated Care Association
- Dr. John Santa, Director of Dissemination for OpenNotes, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center