Quality health care is a partnership
You deserve to have health professionals who are skilled and knowledgeable. They should be respectful, communicate clearly, and involve you in decisions about your care. There is also a lot you can do to take good care of yourself, such as:
- Stay up to date on your screening tests and other preventive care.
- If you have a health condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or asthma, find out what you need to do to manage this condition.
- Go in for health care as soon as you need it. Delays in getting care can make health problems more serious, more costly, and harder to treat.
- If you get sick or injured, follow your treatment plan to help recover faster.
- Do your best to eat healthy foods, stay active, and keep to a healthy weight.
- Get the support you need. Support groups can be a great source of encouragement and practical advice.
- Take medicines safely.
Links to resources on other websites
Stay Healthy at Any Age, Your Checklist for Health